I Didn't Get An Invitation
Yes you did. Maybe there's a written invitation on the bookcase
or where ever it is that you put that Bible. The Bible says that God is
also showing Himself to us through nature - through the wonders of His creation.
So you can go find a bit of nature and look for your invitation there.
Here's the situation as I understand it:
- Right now we are not in the perfect world God created for us. Our
world - and we, ourselves, - have suffered damage.
- God gave us rules so that we can live in this world without further harming
ourselves, hurting each other, or damaging His other creatures and His world.
He wrote these rules in our hearts and in the Scriptures. We know what we
should and should not do.
- We're not very good at following rules.
Every one of us has broken God's laws. We fail to love
our neighbors. We fail to love God. We damage His creatures and
His creation. In the Scripture this is called sin.
- If we are honest, we admit that we are likely to
continue doing things that hurt and harm.
- God cannot overlook our sin and allow us to
continue hurting ourselves and each other.
- So, the God of the Universe states that we are all guilty.
- But then God
says that He has arranged for the consequences for our crimes to be taken
away. God offers us a corrected relationship with Him and with all of His
- That's what the whole thing with Jesus is about. Jesus came to handle
the consequences of our actions. Jesus volunteered to pay so that you
would not have to.
- But it is an offer. God gave us the gift of free will. God
will not force any of us to love Him. We can accept His offer or we can
turn it down. Either way, He accepts our decision. And He keeps on trying
to let us see how very much He loves us.
- Accepting God's offer is easy. He's right there waiting,
hoping that you will say "yes." One little move toward Him and He's
running to receive you with open arms. (See Luke 15:20)
- There are no magic words.
Whatever you want to say to God is just the right thing.
If you are mad at Him, just tell Him so!
Go ahead, He's big enough to take it and He loves you so it is safe to be
Go ahead, take the dare.
You are always welcome to
Return To Party Index
Web Graphics Courtesy of
Kathy's Web Graphics Thanks, Kathy!