Known Bugs/Issues in 3.0-RC1
- 03/12/01 - su executable in both /bin and /usr/bin
- Spotted by David Cox. Suggestions as to cause/cure welcome.
- 03/12/01 - Another trademark fix
- Jimmy Cho noticed the thumbnail image of the Bluecurve GDM theme has
the forbidden logo and included a clean version.
- 03/11/25 - Sysstat fills root's mailbox with errors
- Looks like lib64 is always being used. Should be fixable.
Submitted by David Cox
- 03/11/24 - Apache's error pages have RH logos
- Submitted by Sebastian Welsh (and included fix!)
- 03/11/24 - RHEL is referenced in redhat-config-packages
- The comps.xml file on the CDs is correct, but the one inside comps-whitebox
is still the original. Find out why and fix. Submitted by Johnny Hughes.
- 03/11/24 - Init on the bootdisk says RedHat
- Submitted by Pete Cervasio
- 03/11/21 - Another RH reference
- The package description for indexhtml needs an edit. Contributed by
Jarod C. Wilson.
- 03/11/19 - And another picture of verboten headgear!
- Ok, I'm an idiot. Donavan Nelson noticed that I forgot to replace
the start icon for KDE. Guess I somehow thought if it was the same pic
replacing one would get em both. Of course I'm fortunate because had a KDE
user logged on and seen a GNOME's footprint down there I'd be toast.
/usr/share/icons/Bluecurve/*/apps/kmenu.png and you will be
- 03/11/15 - RPM won't rebuild on WB
- RPM determines several path constants based on the presence of
/etc/redhat-release which isn't present. But the %files
section is hard coded for
Patched for next release, ask if you need it earlier.
- 03/11/15 - flex is broken
- Attempt to rebuild WB on itself revealed that flex is broken, such
that automake will fail a build time test. Rebuild and reinstall and
it appears to be fixed.
- 03/11/15 - Found a RH image
- As GNOME starts up, the second status icon has a trademark red fedora
in the corner. The big question is: Where the heck are those little
icons stored? If you know,
drop me a note.
Update: Found it, will airbrush out the headgear for next release.
- 03/11/14 -
tora has linking problems.
/usr/lib/tora/toworksheet.tso should be linked to
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5. Contributed by Michael Redinger.
- 03/11/12 - Remove RedHat branding from Xscreensaver
- Xscreensaver has many defaults set to Redhat artwork and installs
a 'fortune' executable in /usr/X11/lib/xscreensaver that refers to
/etc/redhat-release. All because they probably decided fortune
wasn't appropriate for Enterprise environments...... Bah!
- 03/11/12 - RedHat's Kernel blows
- Try inserting the Errata kernel and see if it at least solves
the compatibility issues here at BPL. Namely installing on Via EPIA's
and working NIC on the Gateway E-4200's. Otherwise port in Fedora or RH9's
kernel and offer up alternate Disc 1 images.
- 03/11/12 - Need better Release Notes
- The Release Notes on the ISO images are lame. Replace before Final
- 03/11/12 - Release Candidate 1 Posted